Friday, January 18, 2008

Well it is the big day - we are getting the suitcases into the car and we are out of here early tomorrow morning. This supposed to be the coldest week in many years in MN and we are heading for a cruise along the Mexican Riviera. No quilting being done this week, well maybe some hand work on my Mariner's Compass while I sit by the pool sunning. Being a machine piecer and a machine quilter it is very unusual for me to do hand work. I took a class from Cindy Blackberg last June and am now hand piecing a MC after using her "stamps" to mark the fabric. It is a very easy way to prepare your fabric for some really neat quilts. Check out her web site. She does lots of scrappy quilts. If she can recruit me a solid machine person, you know her methods have to be easy. Well must say good-bye, DH is calling that the car is loaded. I'll be back in a week with photos to share.

No comments: