Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well we have been home a few days now and I want to go back, it's too cold here. It was unseasonably cool in Mexico while we were there but it was 70 degrees warmer than here. We had a wonderful trip, while we were in Mazatlan our friends took us to some of the "other" places that tourists don't usually go to. One of the places was a fabric store. It reminded me a lot of an old JoAnn's Fabric store. Mostly inexpensive stuff, not quality quilting fabric that's for sure. I don't know if there is such a place, my friend hasn't found one in the 6 years they have been going there. A few years ago when we went to the Caribbean, on Grenada, I found a wonderful shop for batik fabric. We went whale watching in Cabo San Lucas and it was wonderful, we had 4 humpback whales playing around our boat for about an hour. It was fascinating and very beautiful to watch. I couldn't take pictures fast enough to always catch what I wanted but here is my favorite. Today I had to get back to reality and started quilting a clients top. I am waiting for some patterns from Patchalot Patterns so that I can do some piecing. I have to do a quilt for a wedding gift for August and I figure if I start now I might get it finished in time. I had my sewing machine in for it's yearly cleaning and adjusting while I was gone so it should be raring to go. I have spent the last couple evenings out wandering around other blog sites, it is so much fun, I am finding so many sites where I want to go back and visit. I will start leaving messages so hopefully some of the authors will come and visit with me. By for now and have a blessed day.

3 comments:

MARCIE said...

Your Patchalot Patterns order has been sent! Lol! Sounds like you had a wonderful time down south. Your whale pic is great! How cool is that!

Unknown said...

Yes, Nan, because you visited me and left a comment about the Barello, I came to see what you had to say. WOW what a trip but you really came home to soon. That picture of the quilt shop looked like the old McCorys store that was in Hagerstown many years ago. I shall be back.

Lea said...

Hi, I just read Marcie's blog about you.
I'm anxious to see your Patchalot pattern quilt. Please keep update your progress about it!
and I love your Christmas tree quilt. It's so beautiful. :-)