Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hello everyone. Today I am going to show off a quilt I just finished for a customer, well she's my daughter-in-law too, and the daughter of one of my favorite pattern designers, Marcie Patch of Patchalot Patterns. The pattern is Chesapeake Star and I quilted the one that is on the front of the pattern too. Polly hasn't seen this yet as she is out visiting her Mom in Virginia so I thought I'd surprise her with a photo. The close up shows that I used an all over freehand feather in the center and also a feathered border. Polly, my son Chris and their family are moving to Missoula, Montana in August. She asked if it would be possible to get this finished before they moved so today it went on the machine and hooray, it's done. I have only had it for about 9 months. I am really going to miss all of them, it will be so hard not to be able to just pop over and visit, but Chris says the train goes out there pretty close to them and I can just hop on for a quick visit whenever I want. On another note, I am finally getting my wind back after working so hard at the Minnesota Quilt Show. What fun, there were over 600 quilts on display with 223 of them being judged. I think our show is the one of the few large shows that has a non-judged exhibit and it is so wonderful to see so many quilters, men, women and children that want to display their quilts even if they don't want them judged. We also had over 100 vendors and national 21 teachers. Next year we are in Duluth, you should check it out it is worth the trip. This was definitely proven when we had 5 quilters from France come to the show this year and one of our scholarship applicants was from Malaysia. Just goes to show the power of the internet. I have some photos of a few quilts and the banquet on my photo album if you want to go look. Just click here . Soon there will be photos of all the prize winners on the MQ website. The link is on my list. Well enough for today, Keep Quilting and have a Blessed Day.

2 comments:

Steve Froelich said...

cool quilt. here is my blog http://woodasart.blogspot.com

MARCIE said...

Hi Mary, Polly will be thrilled that her quilt is done! They are all packed and leave in the AM. The type on your blog is very tiny. You might want to adjust it (just for me! My sight is going...)