Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a busy weekend, and it is only half over. Thursday I had a little eyelid lift, it was to correct an error on an earlier surgury and now I'm suppose to "take it easy" for a few days. Well I quilted all day Friday, and EARLY Saturday, like 6:30 a.m. I left the house to go watch GD Nichole play in the State Fastpitch Tourney. What fun! Boo they lost their first game in a tie breaker, then went on the win their 2nd, 3rd and 4th games. So today they start again at 8:00 a.m. but I can't go to watch, but DH is going at least to the first game. They need to go on and win 4 today in order to come out on top. Here is a photo of the girls from an earlier game. They are in the 14and Under bracket and always do quite well. And in between games I went to my longarm guild meeting. We of course have show and tell just like every other quilting guild and sometimes I wonder why I am in this business. There is soooooo much talent in our group it is amazing. We have 2 or 3 national teachers in our group and many others that teach at the local level. A few of our ladies have books, patterns or cds out there for sale. Many of their quilting ideas can be used on your domestic machines as well as on the longarm machines out there. I will soon add their web links to the side bar over there so you can check them out. The next photo is just a sampling of what is available to our local people who want a longarm quilter to do their quilt. This was done free hand by a gal who teaches and designs pantograph patterns and is now working on some digitized patterns for the computer quilter. Today I am going to a bridal shower for a niece so must dress up and act lady like instead of yelling my head off for our girls to play defense or to hit the ball hard. I made my son promise to call with updates all day long. Well must close for now, have a Blessed Day.

No comments: