Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello to all on a beautiful summer morning. I have been busy as I'm sure you all are. This weekend we went to visit DS in Wisconsin to watch more baseball and to visit the "new" house. DS and family seem to be settling in nicely, the grandkids have found lots of new friends in the neighborhood which is very nice as there were no children their ages in the old one. All my clients seem to have waited until after the MQ Show to call with their summer projects so there are lots of quilts on the "to do" racks in the studio. I finished one last week that was fun, the colors are super, it is going to be a table cloth. I tried something that one of the gals in my Longarm Guild brought for show and tell a while ago, with a busy pattern and fabric in the center but a plain boarder it worked great. I used a pantograph in the center and then did a free hand floral boarder, doubling all the stitching. What do you think? This week I am going to be working on quilts going to a client in Hilo, Hawaii. Needless to say her fabric choices are always so much fun. They have a quilt show there in July and she keeps trying to get me to come over for it, maybe someday. I hope to be able to work on some fun stuff of my own soon, maybe some handwork while we drive to Montana in a couple weeks. But for now it's off to the studio to work, have a Blessed Day.

1 comment:

Lori Allison said...

Wow; you nailed that Sophie Collier technique beautifully. I gotta try that! Check me out at www.longarmlovelies.blogspot.com. Lori A.