Saturday, December 29, 2007

New projects

Well my hubby didn't make it home this weekend so I'm doing some projects for me, not customers. Although I have plenty of work in the studio to do. But here are a couple things I just finished, not quilted yet, but ready for the machine. The one is a project out of a book called "Cabin Fever" from Whimsicals (Terri D). It is supposed to be done with felt, fused and then just framed. I chose to paint it with my Paintstiks and make a frame from fabric. It will be a late Christmas gift to Shelly. In the book the cat is brown, but Shelly's cat is white with orange markings. The "Snow Globe" is a pattern by Deb Madir of Birch Creek Quilts. It is a fusible, very quick and fun. It needs quilting and then all the glitter and glitz. Deb sells iron on crystals. I also decided to add a second globe under the first, only instead of a mailbox and bird I'm going to add a snowman. And then I'll border it together. I am also working on some clothes, yuk, but need somethings to wear when we go on our cruise in 3 weeks. Can't stand paying the prices in stores.

1 comment:

MARCIE said...

Love that snow globe. wouldn't it be fun to lay a sheer dotted swiss over it all? do they still make that? Your kitty is cute too--nice job with the paint stix.