Monday, February 18, 2008

Ok, I have been tagged to say 7 things about me that are not widely known. That's hard for me cause I tell anybody anything they want to know. So here goes, first I am supposed to list the rules: THE RULES: 1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you. 2. Post THE RULES on your blog. 3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog. 4. Tag 7 people and link to them. 5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
So here are a few things about me: 1. I am a secret appliquer, (yea, how would you spell it?) 2. I really, really, really want an embroidery machine. 3. I have only been on 1 quilting retreat, and I have been quilting for 20 years 4. I am no good at curved piecing, can't ever make the ends meet 5. I like spinach 6. I want to sing opera, but I'm no good, can't quite reach those high notes, well the low one either 7. As much as I love quilting, I would rather be outside, so tell me, how can I move my sewing room to the back yard? and not get wet. Now I am supposed to tag 7 other people, this is going to be hard. I am still at the stage where I am just exploring all the wonderful quilters I am finding skipping from blog to blog. I have left a note or two here and there and then as I go along, I check out other sites listed and pretty soon I can't get back to where I started. This whole blogging thing is so much fun, I am finding so many wonderful people. Well here are a few that have caught my eye. 1. Finn loves scraps and I really would like to do a rug out of scraps like she is doing. 2. Jen has some lovely quilts to show us. 3. Julaine does some fun things with a flair for Quilting Arts and Cloth, Paper Scissors 4. Shirley in New Zealand is a fiber artist, check it out and maybe do something "outside your box" 5. Frieda has been a teacher at our Minnesota Quilt show and is sooooo much fun. If you get a chance take a class from her 6. Jenclair enjoys many different hobbies, quilting being one of them, her spot is fun 7. Marcie and for those of you that came from one of the above blogs, my friend Marcie is the one that started this
My tastes run the gamut of styles of quilting, I love the traditional as well as the art quilts, I like to try different things outside of my comfort zone. But I have learned in my travels that no matter where I go, or how busy quilters are, they will always have time to stop and talk about quilts, fabric, techniques or just the weather. They are the friendliest most comforting people I have ever had the privilege of meeting and working with. I love you all.

4 comments:

MARCIE said...

Well, I didn't exactly START this, I just tagged you! Good luck moving your LA outside! Those are a bunch of neat blogs you found, and right down your alley with the dying and fiber arts, etc.

Unknown said...

hehehe, i guess i can't really see you singing opera...

jenclair said...

Oh, dear. Trying to think of 7 things to list is harder than it sounds!

Finn said...

Hi Mary, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment **VBS*
I'll do your "tag" thingy, but it might be a day or so coming...gotta get my thoughts organized, plus I have bloggled quite abit about myself in the 2.5 yrs I'm been doing it.
I'd be happy to help you with the idea of a crocheted fabric rug. It's NOT my original idea, I read about it on Darcie's blog. She's on my sidebar as Longarm Quilter and Hand Dyer.
BUT... before you go there, scroll down my list of labels to the one that says "rugs". I've blogged about them several times in the almost 2 years I've been making them. Scroll all the way down to the very bottom and start reading there. It should tell you what month of Darcie's you need for the original posting.
Any other questions feel free to email me at Finn922000@yahoo.com and I'll tell you if I can.
I know there is a book on the market, maybe more than one. I saw one in Connecting Threads, but don't think I really need it any more.
And I'll check my list of favorites, I think I might have saved a link to a tutorial about making them. It's really fun and does eat up fabric like crazy. I look forward to see you again...so happy to have you in blogland. Hugs, Finn