Saturday, February 16, 2008

Today I am working on putting together a quilt that is the result of a "1st Saturday" All the blocks were designed to use EZ Companion Angle and EZ Easy Angle rulers. The fabric choices were reproductions or batiks, and of course I chose batik. I love it when I can make a quilt for $5.00 plus sashing fabric. It is a fun and inexpensive way to get a big lap size. As we worked I always made 2 blocks from the pattern, one using the fabric the shop supplied and one out of my scrap pile, that way I have 24 blocks instead of just 12 and it still only cost $5.00. I have been noticing many of you that show photos of your messy work space, mine depends on whether I have just finished looking for the perfect fabric for something or if company is coming. Maybe later I'll take some photos and show off my mess. Because I was in charge of choosing the faculty for the MQ Quilt Show this year I had many teachers send/give me their books or patterns along with their class synopsis. One of the books I got was from Lois L. Hallock, "Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space". She has some wonderful suggestions on how to get your sewing space organized. She has a web site you should check out if you are a complete disaster area. On Wednesday I went to my first "Journal" class and we did silk fusion in class and our bonus was about discharge. So during the class Susan shows samples and explains all about one technique and then she demonstrates and explains a technique we then actually do in the class. For the first class she also showed many ways of putting the finished journal together. I really liked the idea of putting it together as a book, but it might end up as a wall hanging. I have 10 months to decide. I will post photos as I go along. Well company is coming so I should go clear a path. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

MARCIE said...

Mary, I just tagged you to reveal 7 things about yourself. Visit my blog for the rules. Hugs from me!