Friday, February 29, 2008

Well I just spent 4 days with 12 other absolutely fantastic quilters. It was so much fun and so very educational. The quilters that attended were women that came from varied backgrounds of experience and artistic ability. The sharing that went on over the 4 days was not surprising since I've never known quilters to be any other way. Quilters are generous with their time and talents, always ready to help and encourage another quilter whether beginner or experienced, a friend or a stranger. I took many photos and am willing to share and I told all the ladies at the retreat that I would put them on my blog so they are all fine with it. Although one said she felt her picture should be deleted, but oh well it was not a fashion retreat, we worked, we ate, we enjoyed, we ate, we talked, we walked and we slept and ate some more. I am going to put one photo here, when I got there I didn't feel like working on anything I brought along, our hostess also dyes fabric, Primrose Gradations, and of course had a wonderful selection at the house. I picked out some, borrowed a pattern from Lori and away I went. I got this far, it still needs an outer border, and I decided I am going to paint on it before I quilt it. I'll put up another photo when it is totally finished. Well must go take care of DH who just got home. Will right more later.

No comments: