Monday, March 17, 2008

Well it's been a few days, but it tourney time and we have been away watching our grandson play basketball. It was lots of fun, we stayed in a hotel with a pool and the grandkids and grandpa did lots of swimming. We didn't get much sleep with extra little people in our room but it was fun anyway. I thought I'd share photos of two of my recent projects. This first one I started during our retreat a few weeks ago. Norma Riehm gave a little tutorial on how to do a collage. I started with the yellow form in the lower left corner and then added the flower petals, ribbons and yarn and a little angelina, put organza over the top then quilted it. At that point I added some buttons and crystals and presto, it's done. It is only 8x10 but I'm happy with it for my first attempt. I think I might do some more, it was fun and quick. This next item is called "The 3 Pocket Bag" and was a free pattern from a shop in Brainerd, MN. It measures about 6" x 8 1/2" and went together in about 2 hours. It takes 3 fat quarters, you quilt 2 of them together with thin batting and use the 3rd for binding. Then it's like doing origami, you fold and sew, adding velcro and you end up with this great little bag. It has 3 pockets, see the one in the middle with the velcro, and then one on each side. I have now figured out how to add a little handle and even an inside cell phone pocket. It is perfect to put your money, credit card and things into then carry in your project bag to class. I used one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine to do the quilting but you could do just straight stitches on the diagonal. If you then make a Lazy Girl Wonder Wallet you got it made. Have a Blessed Day.

No comments: