Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yesterday I worked with my friend and boss Shelly Stokes. We are making plans for Spring Market in Portland, OR in May. Shelly is the distributor of Shiva Paintstiks into the quilting world. She has a web site which is listed on the right and there is now a blog. I have added her to my "Stitching Sisters" list so please go check it out. She is a very creative lady, using her talents in the business world, the quilting world and in the fiber arts world. She (as the president and chief bottle washer of Cedar Canyon Textile) is one of the sponsors of the new and great public TV series from Quilting Arts. Above I said that Paintstiks are in the quilting world but they can be used in so many other ways too, you can use them on any porous surface, like walls, floors, leather and any other surface your creative mind can think of. So if you work with scrapbooking as well as quilting this may be something you might want to look into. I plan on being creative tomorrow, after my journal class last week I have so many more new ideas to play with. We did foiling and were told how to dye with rust which sounds like an interesting project to try. These two photos are of foiling, the first is my class trial, and the second is one I did at home. I used the foiling medium, brushing it on a rubbing plate, pressed it onto the fabric, let it dry and then added the foil. It was easy and fun. I hope the next one turns out a little clearer. In the class sample the top left was foil on glue from a glue gun, the top right was the foiling medium, the bottom left was wonder under applied and then foiled and the bottom right is Bo Nash 077 which is the consistence of salt but when ironed under a teflon sheet becomes an adhesive, then we foiled on top of it. Anyway it's lot of fun to try these new things. So until another time, have a Blessed Day.

No comments: